At Forest Area Credit Union (FAFCU), we strive to make your home mortgage process as quick and easy as possible. That’s why a dedicated Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) will be assigned to work with you one-on-one to offer advice, answer questions and guide you through the process.
Make an appointment at your nearest branch to get started.
Neighborhood Mortgage Solutions (NMS) is a Credit Union owned Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO) providing Mortgage services to fellow Credit Unions. NMS provides the expertise needed to work with Fannie Mae and government Sponsored loan programs. NMS offers the convenience of a seamless mortgage offering to our members while Forest Area FCU retains the servicing of these loans.
NMS helps FAFCU offer a competitive mortgage product to members with a competitive interest rate and low closing costs. NMS offers fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgage loans from 10 years to 30 years. NMS offers Private Mortgage Insurance for those with less than 20% down and Rural Development loan with zero down.
Member will work with FAFCU mortgage loan officer and Neighborhood Mortgage Solutions personnel from application thru processing, thru underwriting, thru closing, thru servicing and thru loan payoff.
Benefits to having a Mortgage from FAFCU:
- Visit your nearest branch or start your application online
- Use your pre-approval to find your dream home or make plans to maximize your refinance.
- Gain peace of mind knowing your rate has been locked in.
- Forest Area FCU will fully underwrite your application, order a real estate appraisal and title work as necessary.
- A final review is conducted and any final items needed are addressed
- Your Mortgage Loan Officer will schedule a closing appointment and make your new home purchase or refinance a reality
- Driver’s license: copy from each borrower
- Pay Stubs and W-2 forms: pay stubs covering the last 30 days with year to date information and W-2’s for the prior two years
- Property Information: address & property type
- Bank Statements: two months
- Most recent mortgage loan statement (refinance transactions)
- Executed purchase agreement (purchase transactions)
- Social Security or Disability income award letter
- Pension income verification
- Disability income award letter
Not a Member?
We proudly serve members in Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Antrim, Crawford, Missaukee, and Wexford counties who meet our membership requirements.
Discover our low mortgage rates, mobile banking convenience, and friendly staff. Apply to be a member today!