At Forest Area Federal Credit Union we understand that sometimes you may need a break with a little extra cash and breathing room on your loan payments. That’s why we off the Skip-A-Payment throughout the year so you decide when you need it the most. With FAFCU’s Skip-A-Payment, you can skip one payment per year with a $25 fee. Please note that you may only skip three payments total for the length of your loan.
Please review the information below to ensure your loan is eligible for Skip-A-Payment and follow the procedure by completing the Skip-A-Pay form and mailing, faxing, or returning the form to any FAFCU location.
- All accounts must be current and in good standing
- Loans must have originated 11 months prior to be eligible
- Loans must be paid through the 11th month to be eligible
- All co-signers of the loan must agree to the terms of the Skip-A-Pay
- FINANCE CHARGES will continue to accrue at the rate of your original loan agreement
- Deferring your payment will extend the term(s) of your loan(s) AND increase the finance charge
- Opting in to the Skip-A-Pay program may increase the amount of your last scheduled payment
- Member is responsible to deactivate/re-activate all Automatic Payments (ACH’s/AFT’s)
- You will be required to resume your monthly payments the following month. If you elected Gap or Extended Warranty (MRC) coverage, the coverage will not be extended beyond the original maturity date.
All Skip-A-Pay requests are subject to FAFCU approval. Your loan(s) must be current for at least 90 days prior to accept this offer. Requests to skip a payment must be received before loan due date. Each loan is allowed a maximum of 1 skipped payment each year with a maximum of 3 skips per life of the loan.
The processing fee is $25.00 per loan skipped on an annual basis. Excludes: All Real Estate Loans, Lines of Credit (LOC), and Credit Cards.
- Home Equity Loans
- VISA Credit Cards
- Certificate Secured Loans
- Overdraft Protection Loans
- Revolving Credit
- Loans on Reaging agreements
To get started, complete the Skip-A-Payment form below or call us at (231) 879-4154>.
SECURE FORM ENTRY HERE