At Forest Area Credit Union (FAFCU), we strive to make your home mortgage process as quick and easy as possible. That’s why a dedicated Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) will be assigned to work with you one-on-one to offer advice, answer questions and guide you through the process.
Browse our offerings and make an appointment at your nearest branch to get started.
FAFCU offers low closing cost options for home purchase and refinance transactions. We will work hard to find the best mortgage loan solution to meet your needs.
A fixed rate home loan programs offer amortization up to 30 years and fixed rates for up to 15 years on all types of homes including stick built, modular, BOCA, single and double wide mobile homes.
Not a Member?
We proudly serve members in Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Antrim, Crawford, Missaukee, and Wexford counties who meet our membership requirements.
Discover our low mortgage rates, mobile banking convenience, and friendly staff. Apply to be a member today!
Benefits to having a Mortgage from FAFCU:
At Forest Area FCU, we strive to make your home mortgage process as quick and easy as possible. That’s why a dedicated Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) will be assigned to work with you one-on-one to offer advice, answer questions and guide you through the process.
Each transaction is unique but generally follows this process:
1. Complete a pre-approval application
- Visit your nearest branch or call 231-879-4154 to start your application
2. Start planning
- Use your pre-approval to find your dream home or make plans to maximize your refinance.
- Gain peace of mind knowing your rate has been locked in.
- Forest Area FCU will fully underwrite your application, order a real estate appraisal and title work as necessary.
5. Getting close to closing
- A final review is conducted and any final items needed are addressed
6. The mortgage loan closing
- Your Mortgage Loan Officer will schedule a closing appointment and make your new home purchase or refinance a reality
- Driver’s license: copy from each borrower
- Pay Stubs and W-2 forms: pay stubs covering the last 30 days with year to date information and W-2’s for the prior two years
- Property Information: address & property type
- Bank Statements: two months
- Most recent mortgage loan statement (refinance transactions)
- Executed purchase agreement (purchase transactions)
- Social Security or Disability income award letter
- Pension income verification
- Disability income award letter