When you open an individual retirement account (IRA) at Forest Area Federal Credit Union (FAFCU), you can manage your savings conveniently from your own financial institution. Browse our offerings to see which one is right for you.
Plus, you’ll love our higher saving rates.
A Traditional IRA is a potentially tax-deferred retirement plan, where you won’t pay taxes until you withdraw your funds. Contributions can be made as long as you are below 70 ½ years of age and have earned compensation.
When you open a Roth IRA, you’ll pay taxes now and be able to withdraw the funds tax-free. Distributions can be made after 70 ½ years of age without any required minimum as long as you have earned compensation.
- Withdraw your contributions at any time, tax and penalty free
- No annual minimum distributions are required
A Coverdell Education Savings Account is designed to help parents save for a child’s education expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, and in some cases room & board. You can make nondeductible contributions that provide the potential for tax-fee withdrawals.
IRA Share Certificates combines the steady interest of a bank share certificate with the tax advantages of an individual retirement account (IRA).
- Stability: in a world of fluctuating investment values, take comfort in stable earnings you can count on.
- Flexibility: with a low initial deposit and terms to fit almost any need, you can choose the IRA Share Certificates that’s right for you.
- Tax savings: get the tax advantages of a traditional or Roth IRA.
Not a Member?
We proudly serve members in Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Antrim, Crawford, Missaukee, and Wexford counties who meet our member requirements.
Discover our higher certificate rates, mobile banking convenience, and excellent member service. Apply to be a member today!