Your security is important to us. That’s why we’ve outlined ways you can stay alert on your account activity and steps you should take if you suspect unusual activity on your account.
Know the Red Flags
The most common types of scams will target you through fake emails, text messages, voice calls, letters or even someone who unexpectedly shows up at your front door. No matter which technique the scammer uses, here are 5 things to look for:
- You’re contacted unexpectedly by phone, email, text, direct message or pop-up with a request for personal information or money. Never click a link or download an attachment from someone you don’t know. FAFCU will never text, email or call you asking for personal or account information.
- You’re pressured to act immediately with an alarming phone call, email or text that plays with your emotions. Scammers may pose as an employee from a familiar organization, such as FAFCU and say there’s a problem that needs immediate attention. Do not act unless you have verified the person who has contacted you and the story or request is legitimate.
- You’re asked to pay in an unusual way, like gift cards, bitcoin, prepaid debit cards or digital currency to resolve fraud. FAFCU will never ask you to transfer money to anyone, including yourself and will never ask you to transfer money because we detected fraud on your account.
- You’re asked to provide personal or account information, such as an account verification code, bank account number or PIN. When in doubt, don’t give it out. FAFCU will never text, email or call you asking for an account authorization code.
- Offered a free product or ‘get rich quick’ opportunity that seems too good to be true? Just like the old saying goes, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Never cash a check for someone you don’t know.
How to Protect Yourself
Every member is automatically enrolled in Falcon Alerts.
Our system tracks your VISA credit card and debit Mastercard transactions, and notifies you if there is ever any suspicious activity detected. If your card is flagged for fraud you may experience a temporary block for your protection.
Make sure to return our call as soon as possible to take the necessary steps to secure your account.
Keep in mind that you may not recognize the phone number from Falcon Alerts, as it won’t be from an FAFCU number, but you can always contact us directly with questions!
Stay alert of your account usage and receive text messages regarding your account. To enroll in Text Banking follow these steps:
2) Login to your account
3) Go to the my accounts tab, then click text banking – enroll in text banking
4) Follow the steps to complete set up.
Set the terms for when, where, and how your cards are used. Plus lock/unlock your card in seconds. To get started, follow these steps:
- Download the FACU mobile app – available on both Apple or Android devices.
- Click new user and enter your card number to get started.
Trust your gut. If something seems like it doesn’t look right, it may be a scam. You can always reach out to us if your not sure!
If Your Card was Lost, or Stolen
Download Our Mobile App
You can now easily manage your card activity and security from our mobile app. Temporarily lock your card or report your card as lost or stolen by downloading our mobile app. To lock or report your card follow these steps:
1) Download our mobile app:
2) Login to your account
3) Go to the more tab, then click manage my cards under member services
4) Click on the card you would like to manage
5) Under actions, click temporarily lock or report lost or stolen
Lost or stolen VISA Credit Card: 1-888-241-2510 (OR) if outside USA: 1-727-227-9012
Lost or stolen Debit Mastercard: 1-888-241-2510 (OR) if outside USA: 1-727-227-9012
For cardholder services during business hours call 231.879.4154.
Give us a call at 231-879-4154 or visit your nearest branch to make sure your account has been secured, get a new card, or to take additional steps.